The Platinum Card from our partner American Express has a $550 annual fee that can’t be waived, but it comes with benefits for travelers that we really like including: lounge access in the U.S. and throughout the world thanks to complimentary Priority Pass membership, a $200 annual statement credit that can be used for airline extras on the carrier which you choose, reimbursement for your Global Entry application ($100), and no foreign transaction fees.
Points are earned in the American Express Membership Rewards program which allows you the flexibility to transfer points to miles in your favorite hotels and airline programs. In addition to dozens of other benefits this card offers to travelers, you’ll also get a 60,000 point signup bonus with a $5,000 minimum spend in your first three months. Terms and conditions apply.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
This card is great for active travelers that will take advantage of the benefits. If you don’t travel as frequently, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card will probably serve your needs better.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.