This card from our partner American Express is a longstanding go-to card of travelers for daily spending–and for a limited time you can earn a bonus of up to 35,000 points when you apply by 4/5/2017.
You’ll get 25,000 bonus Starpoints® when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, and an additional 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you spend an additional $2,000 in the first 6 months.
The annual fee of $95 is waived the first year, and in our opinion, the benefits far outweigh the cost if you keep it.
We especially like the additional bonus of 5,000 miles added to every transfer of 20,000 points to one of Starwood’s 34 global airline partners (20,000 SPG points = 25,000 miles). This means that the bonus on this card could be transferred for a domestic return ticket redemption.
Another great value of the card is for actual Starwood hotel stays using full point rewards or the “Cash and Points” option to make your points go further. This bonus of 25,000 points is also available on the business version of this card, the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
This is a great offer- one of the best we’ve ever seen on the Starwood American Express. If you don’t already have this card in your wallet, we think you should strongly consider getting it now!
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.