When you get the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from our partner American Express, you will earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership, Plus, you have the opportunity to earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership.
This card is set to keep pace as Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG®) finally come together as one consolidated loyalty program beginning in August 2018.
Until August, you’ll earn points in the Starwood program, and after August whatever points you’ve already accrued will be worth 3x in the new program. Likewise, earning rates for the card will be adjusted after August.
Points earned can be redeemed with 6,500 extraordinary hotels across 29 brands—including SPG hotels, Marriotts and Ritz Carltons.
Plus, the Starwood Business card gives you additional benefits like Club Lounge Access at SPG properties and free Boingo wifi access around the world. The annual fee of $95 is waived the first year.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership
- From now through July 31, 2018: Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases.
- Note: On August 1, 2018, SPG will convert every one Starpoint in a loyalty member account to three points. In general, corresponding redemption changes will occur. Visit members.marriott.com for details.
- Effective August 1, 2018: Earn 6 points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- Earn 4 points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases and $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees
If you’ve never had the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card, you should check this out before August when the SPG and Marriott loyalty programs officially become one.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.