The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a favorite card of avid travelers because of its great earning potential, flexibility for travel redemptions, and extra benefits for travelers like lounge access and travel credits.
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The benefits that draw us and lots of other travelers to this card include an annual $300 travel reimbursement, a $100 fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-check, and an annual Priority Pass Select Membership.
The card does have a $550 annual fee, but if you travel a lot, the card easily pays for itself –starting with its $300 travel credit.
You all earn triple points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & one point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, no foreign transaction fees — a benefit that all travelers love.
The Reasons We Like It
- You’ll earn a solid signup bonus of 60K Ultimate Rewards bonus points after you meet a minimum spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
- Get reimbursed for the first $300 of travel purchases charged to your card each year
- Triple points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- Great transfer partners across alliance and hotel chains with 1:1 transfers and no waiting times
- No waiting in long security lines — this card reimburses your $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Hang out in the lounge at airports worldwide with a complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No foreign transaction fees
The benefits far outweigh the $550 annual fee for active travelers. If you can’t make use of the travel benefits the Chase Sapphire Preferred may be a better fit for you.