The recently-revised Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ is a bit different from many of the other points and miles cards we feature, but it’s catching on in the travel community because of its cash back benefits on travel spend.
The card sign up terms state that you get a bonus of 50,000 miles—but what that really means is that you get a $500 statement credit on travel charges after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days. The benefit is that this rebate is valid on a variety of travel expenses including any hotel or airline purchase—you aren’t limited by airline and room availability or blackout dates.
The annual fee of the $89 is waived the first year.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Redeem for travel or cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Redemption values vary
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.74%, 20.74% or 23.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
The card offers a $500 travel credit that you can spend however you’d like, and the annual fee is waived the first year—it’s a no-brainer!