The recently-revised Barclaycard Arrival Plus® is a bit different from many of the other points and miles cards we feature, but it’s catching on in the travel community because of its cash back benefits on travel spend.
The card sign up terms state that you get 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days —but what that really means is that you get a $400 statement credit on travel charges after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days. The benefit is that this rebate is valid on a variety of travel expenses including any hotel or airline purchase—you aren’t limited by airline and room availability or blackout dates.
The annual fee of the $89 is waived the first year.
- Enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit toward an eligible travel purchase
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a fee for balance transfers.
The card offers a $400 travel credit that you can spend however you’d like, and the annual fee is waived the first year—it’s a no-brainer!