The Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is currently one of our favorites and typically the first we recommend. Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Ultimate Rewards points can also be transferred 1:1 to a variety of airline and hotel partners across alliances (including United and Hyatt).
You can also get an additional 5,000 points when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months.
With this card you will earn 2x points on travel and dining at restaurants and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. It also offers a zero dollar foreign transaction fee, and the introductory annual fee is $0 for the first year, then $95. The signup bonus earns you enough points for two round-trip flights in Economy Class, or one international flight. If you love it as much as we do, you’ll be using it every day.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a ‘Best Credit Card’ for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Sleek metal card design
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value – that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel confidently with premium Travel Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Delay Reimbursement and more
This is our #1 overall recommendation. If you don’t have it already, now’s the time!