Our Review: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is currently one our favorites and typically the first we recommend. It offers a mega-bonus of 40,000 points which can be transferred 1:1 to a variety of airline and hotel partners across alliances (including United and Hyatt).
You can also get an additional 5,000 points when you add an authorized user within the first 3 months and they make a purchase.
The card double points on all dining and travel expenses. It also offers no foreign transaction fees, and has the annual fee waived the first year. If you don’t have it already, now is the time.
Long story short, this card has set a new standard in credit card bonuses. One signup and you’ll have enough points for two round-trip flights in Economy Class, or one international flight. If you love it as much as we do, you’ll be using it every day.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value – that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Verdict: This one’s a keeper! Don’t hesitate.