A big benefit of The Business Gold Rewards Card from our partner American Express OPEN is that this card earns points in the Membership Rewards program that aren’t tied to a chain or alliance and can be redeemed across hotel and airlines. There are also frequent Membership Rewards offers that give a sizable transfer bonus for converting points to miles. As a new cardmember you’ll get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the card within the first 3 months.
While the annual fee of $175 isn’t cheap, it is waived for the first year and you’ll quickly rack up MR points with business expenses including gas and plane tickets offering double and sometimes triple points per dollar spent. Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- Special Offer: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Get 3x points – Choose 1 out of 5 categories
- Plus, 2X points on the 4 remaining categories and 1X points on other purchases
- 3X and 2X apply to the first $100,000 in purchases in each of the 5 categories per year, 1X point per dollar thereafter
- Track, organize, and stay on top of your business expenses with powerful expense-tracking tools
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees
A solid business card with flexible reward potential.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.