The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card from our partner is one of our favorite cards for spending. In our opinion, it is even better than the Enhanced Business Gold Rewards Card for accruing Membership Rewards points—especially if you’re a traveler.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card gives you triple miles on airfare purchased directly from airlines, double points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. grocery stores and single points on everything else. The current initial sign up bonus for new card members is 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after completing a minimum spend of $2,000 in the first three months. The annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year of Card Membership—and this one is still worth keeping beyond the initial year if you’re able to maximize the mileage.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Earn Points Faster: 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines and 2X points at US gas stations & US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- With the Membership Rewards® program, you can use points for rewards from over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise, or entertainment.
- You can also transfer points to our selection of frequent traveler programs.
- With The Hotel Collection, you can get up to a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges any time you use your Card to book a stay of at least two consecutive nights.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year of Card Membership, then $175.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Verdict: The card to use for charging your airline tickets.
This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.