American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is one of our favorite cards for spending. It is even better than American Express Business Gold for accruing Membership Rewards points- especially if you’re a traveler.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card gives you triple miles on airfare purchased directly from airlines, double points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. grocery stores and single points on everything else. The current initial sign up bonus for new card members is 25,000 Membership Rewards points after completing a minimum spend of $2,000 in the first three months. You’ll also get an annual bonus of 15,000 points once you reach $30,000 in spending in one year. The annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year—and this one is still worth keeping beyond the initial year if you’re able to maximize the mileage.
- Get 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn Fast: 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can transfer points to over 20 frequent traveler programs or use points for gift cards at popular stores.
- Use your Card for retail, dining, travel or groceries, then go online and use points towards your eligible charges.
- As an added bonus, you can get 15,000 points after you spend $30,000 in purchases on the Card in one year.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Verdict: A keeper, and the one to use for charging your plane tickets.