Our Review: American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card from our partner is one of our favorite cards for spending. In our opinion, it is even better than the Enhanced Business Gold Rewards Card for accruing Membership Rewards points—especially if you’re a traveler.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card gives you triple miles on airfare purchased directly from airlines, double points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. grocery stores and single points on everything else. The current initial sign up bonus for new card members is 25,000 Membership Rewards points after completing a minimum spend of $2,000 in the first three months. The annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year—and this one is still worth keeping beyond the initial year if you’re able to maximize the mileage.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases.
- With the Membership Rewards® program, you can use points for rewards from over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise, or entertainment.
- You can also transfer points to our selection of frequent traveler programs.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Verdict: The card to use for charging your airline tickets.
This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.