The Premier Rewards Gold Card from our partner American Express is one of our favorite cards for spending. In our opinion, it is even better than the Business Gold Rewards Card for accruing Membership Rewards points—especially if you’re a traveler.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card gives you triple miles on airfare purchased directly from airlines, double points at U.S. restaurants, gas stations, and supermarkets—and single points on everything else. The current initial sign up bonus for new card members is 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after completing a minimum spend of $2,000 in the first three months. The annual fee of $195 is waived for the first year of Card Membership—and this one is still worth keeping beyond the initial year if you’re able to maximize the mileage.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you’re traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees
The card to use for charging your airline tickets.
This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.