American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is one of our favorite cards for spending. It is even better than American Express Business Gold for accruing Membership Rewards points- especially if you’re a traveler.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card gives you triple miles on all airfare spend, double points on gas and groceries and single points on everything else. The current initial sign up bonus for new card members is 25,000 Membership Rewards points with a low minimum spend (2,000$) and you’ll get an annual bonus of 15,000 points once you reach $30,000 in spending. The annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year- but this one is still worth keeping if you’re able to maximize the mileage.
- Earn More: earn 25K Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2K during your first three months of Card membership; earn 15K points after you spend $30,000 within one calendar year
- Earn Fast: 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 300 of some of your favorite brands
- Access to Benefits: Baggage Insurance Plan* when you travel, and shop with confidence with Extended Warranty* and Return Protection.*Underwritten by Amex Assurance Company
- Book two consecutive hotel nights through American Express Travel and receive $75 back at checkout. Restrictions may apply
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
Verdict: A keeper, and the one to use for charging your plane tickets.